What Does 925 Mean On Silver Jewellery?

What Does 925 Mean On Silver Jewellery?

925 is a marking used to indicate the purity of silver in jewelry. It means that the jewelry is made of 92.5% pure silver, and the remaining 7.5% is usually made of copper or other metals to give it strength and durability. This standard is also known as "sterling silver."

There are many popular types of 925 silver jewelry, but some of the most common ones include:

  1. Silver rings, such as engagement rings, wedding bands, and fashion rings.
  2. Silver necklaces, such as pendants, chains, and chokers.
  3. Silver bracelets, including cuffs, bangles, and charm bracelets.
  4. Silver earrings, such as studs, hoops, and drop earrings.
  5. Silver anklets, toe rings, and other types of foot jewelry.

These are just a few examples, as there are many different styles and designs of 925 silver jewelry available, from classic to contemporary.